The Most “Wearable” Fashions from Spring and the Zennis that Complement Them
We recently had a look at Glamour’s top “wearable fashions” for spring 2014 and were totally bowled over by some of the ultra-cute trends for this season. What’s particularly exiting are some of the unique ways that designers used color: Unexpected stripes, contrasting collars and even bomber jackets in decidedly girly shades. This made it a snap to find great frames to go with these looks.
Want to stay on trend this season? Check out how Zennis can complete your look with these ideas:
Cool pastels are hot this spring, so get yourself some new frames to complete your look!
There are three ways you can coordinate your glasses to beautiful spring pastels:
- Keep things light: Choose matching or complimentary light colored frames that will give you an all-over spring look.
- Go deep: If you want to draw attention to your pretty face, choose frames in a deep shade of your outfit’s color family. For maximum impact, wear jewelry in the same shade.
- Modern Metallics: For a super-modern look, choose metallic frames in a complimentary pastel color.
Contrast Collar Button Down Shirts
This is a totally fun trend that requires a little forethought when it comes to accessorizing.
Here are two things to think about when selecting Zenni’s to go with your contrast collar blouse:
- Grab a pair of frames that match the collar.
Or. . .
- Find a pair of multi-color frames that pick up both the collar color as well as that of the rest of the shirt.
What you don’t want to do is add more colors to the mix (i.e. don’t wear green frames with a blue shirt that has a yellow collar), that’s distracting. Stay consistent.
Bomber Jackets in Fun Colors and Spring Sweaters
The Glamour article showed some incredible bomber jackets in decidedly feminine hues along with fun spring sweaters that can take you comfortably from cooler mornings into warm afternoons. While I could recommend doing the matching/contrasting color thing with your frames, I’m instead going to recommend that you pick up a pair classic aviators to go with your jacket and/or sweater. Too much color and wackiness is distracting and if you are going to invest in multi-colored jackets and sweaters, you want all the attention on these pieces, not your eyeglass frames.
Athletic Stripe Trousers
Now here’s a concept: Trousers with sporty side stripes, a look borrowed from athletic wear. Choose a sporty frame in a solid color that matches the stripe.